Dr MARTIN VASQUEZ

My photo
Mesa, Arizona, United States
EDUCATION: Holt High School, Holt Mich., Lansing Community College, Southwestern Theological Seminary, National Apostolic Bible College. MINISTERIAL EXPERIENCE: 51 years of pastoral experience, 11 churches in Arizona, New Mexico and Florida. Missionary work in Costa Rica. Bishop of the Districts of New Mexico and Florida for the Apostolic Assembly. Taught at the Apostolic Bible College of Florida and the Apostolic Bible College of Arizona. Served as President of the Florida Apostolic Bible College. Served as Secretary of Education in Arizona and New Mexico. EDUCACIÓN: Holt High School, Holt Michigan, Lansing Community College, Seminario Teológico Southwestern, Colegio Bíblico Nacional. EXPERIENCIA MINISTERIAL: 51 años de experiencia pastoral, 11 iglesias en los estados de Arizona, Nuevo México y la Florida. Trabajo misionera en Costa Rica. Obispo de la Asamblea Apostólica en los distritos de Nuevo México y La Florida. He enseñado en el Colegio Bíblico Apostólico de la Florida y el Colegio Bíblico Apostólico de Arizona. Presidente del Colegio Bíblico de la Florida. Secretario de Educación en los distritos de Nuevo México y Arizona.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

THE FEAR OF THE LORD

"Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.  I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Your name forevermore."  Psalm 86:11-12 NKJV 
These verses remind me of a time when I was chastened by God. Though I had been meeting with the Lord daily in prayer, I had somehow forgotten that I was talking to God. The Lord bluntly said, “You must learn to be respectful in My presence.” That was all it took to make me bury my head in embarrassment. Later that day, as I took a walked, I began to realize again the vastness of God and his creation. I was humbled and awed by the beautiful sky. I felt so incredibly insignificant, yet here the Creator of the universe had spoken to me as a father would to his son. This experience led me to a better understanding of the “Fear of the Lord.”   
The Fear of the Lord is a good kind of fear. It carries a reverential tone and a recognition of how absolutely awesome God is. Such an appreciation caused great men of God like Moses and Joshua to fall on their faces when they went before God. The Fear of the Lord includes a deep appreciation for what Jesus did on the cross for us. It involves recognizing God’s perfection and holiness and confessing our imperfection and lack of holiness. 
The humdrum of daily life can dull our sensitivity to the Fear of the Lord. When we stop fearing God, we will usually take a more casual attitude toward sin. When we start tolerating habitual sins in our lives, we open the door to "double mindedness." This is where we try to follow God with one part of our mind, while following the world with the other part. When we regain a healthy fear for him and reunite our minds in devotion to him, it is then that we can finally praise God with all our hearts.     

No comments:

Post a Comment